Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Take that, gnat swarm!

O Iowa how I love thee in springtime, let me count the ways-- until the bugs hatch. Mosquitos, meh; buffalo gnats, holy buggin' ouch! Yesterday I took matters into my own hands and formulated Sweet Relief Bug Repellant. Wild Rose now offers a safe/non-toxic and kid-friendly bug spray, to help shield you from the swarm. It feels nice on the skin, is non-greasy, and puts out a really nice aroma (quite unlike the ubiquitous, and in my opinion wretched, citronella candle). Added bonus, nearby cats will likely visit you. Ingredients I used were catnip, vanilla extract, coconut and apricot kernel oils, lemongrass and lemon eucalyptus essential oils, rosewater, and witch hazel. Two sizes, a 2-oz spray bottle for $7 and a 4-oz for $12. For best bug repelling action, re-apply the spray every 2 or 3 hours.






No comments:

Post a Comment